Join an award-winning fintech startup based in the heart of London.
iwoca is transforming business lending throughout Europe by offering fast and flexible access to credit to the millions of small businesses neglected by the banks. Customers apply online, submitting their trading data through integrations with high-street banks, payment processors, ecommerce platforms and sector-specific providers. This feeds into a proprietary risk engine along with data-points from dozens of external sources, allowing iwoca to offer businesses up to £100,000 within minutes. With 5,000 transactions since launch in 2012, iwoca is one of the fastest growing credit providers in Europe.
The Risk/Data Analyst role involves analysing large amounts of business data to support decision-making. This includes monitoring business KPIs and elaborate loan book performance reports, monitoring results of digital and direct marketing, customer segmentation, credit decisions and so on.
The environment is highly entrepreneurial and demanding. We search for people who are hands-on and will enjoy the freedom and opportunity for growth.
As a Risk / Data Analyst your duties will include:
- Working with a broad range of Excel data manipulation functions (e.g. VLOOKUP, MATCH, OFFSET, COUNTIF etc) as well as array functions, pivot tables and so on to provide vital insight and support for a variety of processes and business decisions
- Arraying functions, pivot tables etc. to provide vital insight and support for a variety of processes and business decisions
- Developing data measurement and analysis tools and/or techniques independently and as part of an international Risk team
- Summarising and utilising analysis results working closely with the Country Manager to support a fast and sustainable growth of our loan book and operations
- Calculating risk of new loan applications to help Account Managers make the best lending decisions
An ideal Risk / Data Analyst will hold the following skills and experiences:
- You studied a quantitative course (such as mathematics, informatics or physics) or business (economics, finance) and you are absolutely passionate about numbers
- You have a high level of proficiency in Excel / databases and a good understanding of statistics and statistical techniques
- You are very logical, quick thinking and analytical - but can communicate and collaborate within a close-knit, dynamic team
- Big bonus if you have professional experience in financial risk analysis, are interested in finance or marketing (especially digital marketing) and know Salesforce
In return you will receive a salary of £28,000 - £36,000 OTE (including bonus) per annum, depending on experience.
The nature of the growing business means there is genuine potential for career advancement and increased financial benefits.
Sound interesting? Please send a covering letter and CV to email@example.com.